The Alliance Chorus is a men’s barbershop chorus formed in 1999 for the singing of four-part barbershop harmony by men who shared a vision to focus their time, efforts, and energy on singing and performing at the highest possible level. They believed there were other male performers who shared their passion to be “In Tune With Excellence,” and they were correct. Members of the chorus span an age range of nine decades; and, while most live in the central Ohio area, many travel from Cincinnati, Dayton, Akron, and Cleveland, as well as from Pennsylvania, Michigan, and West Virginia to prepare and perform with the ensemble. All are dedicated to developing their vocal, visual, and performance skills and to maintaining the chapter’s world-class performance level. Aside from a common love of four-part harmony, the men of The Alliance are a very diverse group comprised of students, corporate executives, construction equipment operators, doctors, and a host of other callings. Our range of ages, occupations, and experience creates a distinctive brotherhood rooted in harmony.
The chapter leadership, membership, and members-to-be agree that the following behaviors and values of The Alliance are and will be:
- to demonstrate and continue to support the Barbershop Harmony Society Code of Ethics.
- to focus primarily on improving the vocal, visual and performance skills of all members.
- to provide all members with vocal, visual, and performance skills training as well as coaching and individual assistance.
- to give administrative and other related chapter activities appropriate time as required.
- to expect all members to attend rehearsals diligently and to prepare on their own when learning new music and performance skills.
- to compete and perform as an “A” level chapter.
- to support chorus, ensemble, and quartet participation.
- to recognize that the pursuit of excellence requires focus, planning, patience, leadership, and extended effort.
- to expect the pursuit of excellence from the leadership and membership in kind.
- to exhibit congeniality, teamwork, cooperation, and respect for others in all matters involving the chapter, the Johnny Appleseed District, the Barbershop Society and the public at large.
- to foster a bond of camaraderie and friendship through participation in social and chapter events.